DR. MEHRUKH ARSHAD
An experienced and skilled General Practitioner with valid DHA eligibility and UK license with full
registration by GMC. Available to join immediately and looking for long term steady growth.
- M.B.B.S – Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery- December 2013 Zia Uddin Medical University, Karachi, Pakistan
- Passed PLAB 1 exam in Dubai (March 2016) and PLAB 2 exam in Manchester (June 2016)
- Passed EMSTrex - Emirates Specialist Training entrance exam – March 2015
- A-Level equivalent - Intermediate - August 2008, B.A.M.M. P.E.CH.S. Govt. College for Women, Karachi, Pakistan
- O-Level equivalent - Matriculation - September 2006, The Mama Parsi Girls’ Secondary School, Karachi, Pakistan
January 2015 – January 2017 – Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan.
Worked as a “Resident Medical Officer” in Medical Unit for a period of 2 years and in Outpatient department during the same time period.
Obtaining medical histories, performing physical examinations, diagnosing and managing
patients. • Managing all sorts of medical emergencies and making appropriate referrals. •
Ensuring the accuracy of all documentation. • Performing different medical procedures. •
Educating patients regarding conditions and treatment options. • Strictly maintaining
confidentiality of patients, families and colleagues
January to December 2014 – AKUH (Aga Khan University Hospital), Karachi, Pakistan.
I rotated in both Medicine and Surgery departments for 6 months each.
– Sub rotations in Medicine department: Emergency medicine, Internal medicine and Paediatric medicine.
– Sub rotations in Surgery department: Neurosurgery, Urology and General Surgery
– Issued Eligibility letter of General Practitioner by Dubai Health Regulation Department on 27/12/2017
– Full registration with license to practise from GMC UK ( General Medical Council)
– Full registration with license to practise from PMDC (Pakistan Medical and Dental Counsel)
Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, Emergency and critical care, History taking, Physical examination, Patient care, I/V Cannulation, Ascitic and pleural taps, Catheterization, Skin suturing, Wound dressing, Interpretation of radiographs, Developed good patient counselling skills and how to break a bad news, Nasogastric intubation, Lumber Puncture and CPR.
- Aga Khan University Hospital (AKUH)- The Department of Paediatrics - in July 2013 with Dr. Abdul Ghaffar Billo.
- National institute of Child Health (NICH) - the Department of Paediatrics - in June 2013 with Dr. Khalid M. A. Khan for the second time during my M.B.B.S.
- Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) - Department of Gynaecology - in November 2012 with Dr. Afia Ansar.
- Civil Hospital Karachi - Department of Internel Medicine - in November 2011.
- Tabba Heart Institute - Department of Cardiac Medicine and Cardiac Surgery - in October 2010 with Dr. Bashir Haneef
- National Institute of Child Health (NICH) - Department of Paediatric Medicine (Unit-1) - in October 2009 with Dr. Khalid M. A. Khan
English (Fluent), Urdu(Fluent), Arabic(Basic), Hindi(Fluent), Punjabi(Basic)
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING/ WORKSHOPS:
- Attended full day training at the basic Surgical Skills Workshop held on 23/08/2014, organized by Postgraduate Medical Education Department at Aga Khan University, Karachi.
- Helped organize Basic Life Support (BLS) Workshops in final year of M.B.B.S.
- Attended and later on organized several workshops to teach surgical knot tying techniques.
- Attended the 3day ‘17 th International Rheumatology Conference 2013’ held at Marriot Hotel, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Selected as the Valedictorian of AKUH – Aga Khan University Hospital during my Internship period in 2014.
- Trained as an American Heart Association (AHA) Certified Basic life Support (BLS) instructor in 2013.
- Appointed as the TREASURER of an NGO – Welfare Association for the Ill and Deprived (AID) during M.B.B.S.
- Attended and helped organize several blood donation campaigns, basic surgical training workshop, Basic Life Support (BLS) workshops, Continued Medical Education (CME), bake sales and movie nights for fund raising
- Attended several Polio Campaigns during M.B.B.S. particularly focusing the Shireen Jinnah Colony, Karachi, Pakistan.